Type: Independent Contractor
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field (or equivalent experience).
Location: (Anywhere within the European Union).
Motu Novu seeks an Junior PHP Developer who has the fundamental knowledge of writing server side code in the PHP programming language and can writes beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
What You Do
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Report directly to Motu Novu’s Technology Manager.
What You Need
- Confident and poised attitude in internal and external interactions.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain legacy code and write new code with modern standard.
- Knowledge of PHP web frameworks including Laravel, and Symfony (Preferred).
- Knowledge of jQuery.
- Proficient with code versioning tools including Git.
- Basic knowledge of React (Preferred).
- Knowledge of MySQL or MariaDB
- Good knowledge of LAMP stack.
- Legally authorized to work in the European Union (i.e. EU Citizen, permanent resident, or valid work visa)
- Italian – European CEFR Level B1 or higher (required only for candidates based in Italy)
- English – European CEFR Level B2 or higher
- VAT setup as an independent contractor.
What You Get
- Base Compensation: $25 – $50/hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits: Performance bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of assignments.
- Opportunity to travel within Europe and to the USA.
- Opportunity to fully develop your career.
- If interested, opportunity to be relocated to the USA, with visa sponsorship, after at least 3 years of successful collaboration.