Type: Independent Contractor.
Schedule: Flex-Time (10-20 hours/week).
Education: Associate Degree in Accounting (or Equivalent Degree or Experience).
Location: Remote (Anywhere within the European Union).
Motu Novu seeks a junior (with or without prior experience) bookkeeper based in the European Union, who will work remotely as an independent contractor to assist our senior professionals in managing the administrative processes of certain clients. Motu Novu serves a wide range of firms, with a focus on international technology and industrial goods firms.
What You Do
- Manage the inbound and outbound accounting documentation flow
- Record and reconcile accounting transactions
- Help manage account receivable and account payable processes
- Help troubleshoot and reconcile middle-office transaction exceptions
What You Need
- Intuitive and good understanding of math
- Detailed-oriented, precise, and very organized approach
- Basic (or better!) understanding of double-entry accounting
- Legally authorized to work in the European Union (i.e. EU Citizen, permanent resident, or valid work visa)
- Italian – European CEFR Level B1 or higher (required only for candidates based in Italy)
- English – European CEFR Level B2 or higher
- VAT setup as an independent contractor. For full-time employment in the USA, see: Junior Bookkeeper (Quincy MA)
What You Get
- Base Compensation: €10-€25/hour, depending on location, qualifications, and experience
- Benefits: performance bonus
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of domestic and international accounts
- Opportunity to learn about US GAAP, IAS, domestic and international taxation
- Opportunity to fully develop your career
- If interested, opportunity to be relocated to the USA, with visa sponsorship, after at least 3 years of successful collaboration